MEDICAL TOURISM IN INDIA
- Exceptional medical treatment packages at reasonable prices
- Treatment-cum-leisure destination
- Availability of experienced and well qualified medical experts
- Low cost consulting fee
- Availability of advanced equipment
CONDITIONS TO APPLY FOR A MEDICAL VISA
- The Indian Missions/Posts abroad may scrutinize the medical documents very carefully and satisfy themselves about the bonafide purpose for which medical treatment visa is being requested.
- Mission may satisfy that the applicant has sought preliminary medical advice from his country of origin/country of residence and he has been advised to go for specialized medical treatment. In case the foreign national desires to go for treatment under the Indian system of Medicines, his case may also be considered.
- This type of visa should be granted for seeking medical attendance only in reputed/recognized specialized hospitals/treatment centers in the country. Although non exhaustive, following illustrative list of ailments would be of primary consideration; serious ailments like neuro-surgery; ophthalmic disorders; heart related problems; renal disorders; organ transplantations; plastic surgery; joint replacement etc.. The basic idea would be that the mission may satisfy about the need of the foreign national to come to India for medical treatment/health enhancements.