MEDICAL TOURISM IN INDIA
India is currently the world’s most preferred destination for medical tourism, with the government of India having introduced medical visas for foreign nationals across the globe seeking specialty medical treatment in India for extended periods. A visa-on-arrival system for visitors from select countries allows foreign nationals to stay in India for upto 60 days. A maximum of two attendants who are blood relatives are permitted to accompany the patient under separate medical attendant visas.
Cost effective medical treatments with no waiting period
- Exceptional medical treatment packages at reasonable prices
- Treatment-cum-leisure destination
- Availability of experienced and well qualified medical experts
- Low cost consulting fee
- Availability of advanced equipment
CONDITIONS TO APPLY FOR A MEDICAL VISA
A medical category visa may be issued with the following conditions:
- The Indian Missions/Posts abroad may scrutinize the medical documents very carefully and satisfy themselves about the bonafide purpose for which medical treatment visa is being requested.
- Mission may satisfy that the applicant has sought preliminary medical advice from his country of origin/country of residence and he has been advised to go for specialized medical treatment. In case the foreign national desires to go for treatment under the Indian system of Medicines, his case may also be considered.
- This type of visa should be granted for seeking medical attendance only in reputed/recognized specialized hospitals/treatment centers in the country. Although non exhaustive, following illustrative list of ailments would be of primary consideration; serious ailments like neuro-surgery; ophthalmic disorders; heart related problems; renal disorders; organ transplantations; plastic surgery; joint replacement etc.. The basic idea would be that the mission may satisfy about the need of the foreign national to come to India for medical treatment/health enhancements.