The Endocrinology department at Healthway Hospital is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of all endocrine disorders including diabetes. Our experienced consultants, along with educators and nursing staff, provide round-the-clock specialised care to a wide range of endocrine problems.
Endocrinology is a super-specialized branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that involve hormones. Patients with problems involving the hormone-secreting endocrine glands present a wide array of symptoms, signs, syndromes, and conditions, many of which are interrelated.
[expander_maker id=”1″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]This department has an integrated multi-disciplinary model for providing comprehensive management to the entire range of endocrine conditions
Our team is also actively involved in ongoing research for diabetes and other endocrine disorders.
Our doctors are experts with the latest technological advances and trends in various specialized fields. Apart from this we provide a complete assessment of a person with any hormonal disorders and screen the patients for various risk factors and complications.
The endocrine team specializes in managing disorders involving thyroid, adrenals, pituitary, growth disorders, obesity, and disorders of male and female hormones.[/expander_maker]
Some of the common endocrine disorders treated at our hospital include
- Diabetes Type 1, Type 2, Pregnancy-related diabetes and Diabetes Prevention etc
- Thyroid diseases,
- Metabolic bone disorders Osteoporosis/ Osteopenia, Cholesterol management, Calcium imbalance
- Pituitary diseases, Growth Disorders
- Adrenal diseases
- Lipid disorders, Cholesterol management
- Gonadal and menstrual disorders, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS or PCOD), Female hormone conditions, Male hormonal disorders like Low Testosterone