Occupational therapy is a profession which aims to maintain, restore and create a match between the abilities of the person, the demands of their profession, environment and help them in their daily activity participation.
Occupational therapist helps any person with any illness or disease or disorder to get
back to their life and fulfil their daily occupations and be functionally independent
with an improved quality of life.
- Early intervention and NICU care
- Self-care re training/ Activities of daily living retraining – such as functional walking, eating, brushing, toileting, bathing.
- Energy conservation and work simplifications and joint protection techniques
- Stress management and relaxation techniques
- Upper extremity functional training
- Functional mobility training
- Assistive and adaptive devices prescription and training
- Environmental modifications
- Group therapy
- Vocational re- settlement/ return to work training
- Community re- integration
- Sensory integration
- Maintain and fulfil roles and routines
- hand function training
- Orthotic and prosthetic training
- Sensory re-education post nerve injuries
- Neuromuscular re – education
- Cognitive re- training
- Wheelchair and transfers training
- Driver rehabilitation