5. By will writing appropriations will act as narrowly that you can, Congress attempts to a beneficial. prompt particular procedures about personal markets. b. nullify the newest president’s authority to manage certain federal apps. c. remove bureaucratic red tape. d. reduce the options the chairman tend to get it done the right to impound.
six. ______ revolutionized the fresh government budget processes and you may improved presidential fuel. good. The fresh new Impoundment Manage Operate b. The brand new Hatch Operate c. The Budget and you will Bookkeeping Operate d. The government Performance and you will Results Work
eight. Top-off cost management is different from base-upwards cost management because the previous a great. explores the big picture. b. emphasizes incrementalism. c. targets how big is per agency’s piece of the complete compared to what other companies discover. d. centers around changes as opposed to the whole funds at once.
8. Management of the objectives and zero-ft budgeting try good. strategies to change incrementalism. b. finances appropriations tips. c. ways of broadening legislative fuel. d. particular legislative consent.
nine. Prior to 1921, ______ considering the primary leaders inside federal finances procedure. a. the fresh new judiciary b. the newest president c. Congress d. organizations
10. Creating a good biennial finances and you will enacting a balanced-finances constitutional modification a good. have been processes adopted in order to reform the new funds procedure. b. is potential options to own reforming the fresh new budgetary process dating gaydar. c. was in fact disregarded by teachers just like the naive facts. d. had been overlooked by Congress because naive info.
several. The latest Government Put aside protects the money supply, a duty labeled as apensatory economics. b. financial coverage. c. financial rules. d. zero-feet budgeting.
13. The brand new share of government funds you to Congress and also the chairman can also be easily changes (control) in every provided season ran away from 66 per cent inside 1965 so you’re able to ______ % in ’09. a. 78 b. 18 c. 35 d. 58
fourteen. An excellent congressional ______ commits money having spending, and congressional ___ carry out software and set limitations toward amount of cash one are going to be invested. a good. surplus; deficits b. authorization; appropriations c. economic rules; financial rules d. appropriation; authorizations
fifteen. Congress generally uses legislative control and ______ to restrain executive discernment. a great. limits toward government impoundment b. uncontrollable expenditures c. a black finances d. line-item vetoes
18. The higher the new government shortage, the more of one’s government finances should be dedicated simply to repaying interest. a great. Genuine
20. Brand new Impoundment Control Work was designed to prevent the terrible discipline regarding impoundment expert from the President George W. Plant.
The fresh circulate of money on the bureaucracy will bring a hack to have controlling the utilization of regulators applications
twenty two. The federal funds is like condition and you may local finances having an identical quantity of info so you’re able to sustain deficits while the exact same level of fiscal expert you to definitely condition and you may local governing bodies manage. an effective. Genuine b. False
step 1. In the place of conventional societal administration which focused on ______ because unit of investigation, execution degree manage___________. good. bureaus; employees and you will companies b. agencies; apps additionally the abilities it establish c. resources; partial preemption and you can performance d. regulations; costs as they compare to the personal markets
step three. All the adopting the items normally hinder profitable execution But good. backward mapping. b. practical uncertainty. c. ineffective tips. d. rough management.
Brand new vintage matter of first cost management: “About what foundation should it be made a decision to spend some x bucks to help you passion A good in place of interest B?
4. Most of the adopting the get into the category of business troubles one to swayed program victory Except a great. giving a generally service company regulatory duties. b. forward mapping. c. relegating a program to an enthusiastic unsympathetic service. d. dividing relevant apps certainly other enterprises.