Dr.Sameerkumar V Nanaware
Consultant Pulmonologist , Respiratory Physician, Bronchoscopist, Sleep Physician and Critical Care Specialist
M.B.B.S, MD Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases
Past Experience in years
- Post MD One year RNTCP medical officer in KEM Hospital Mumbai
- Ex Consultant in Respiratory Medicine at Masina Hospital Byculla Mumbai for 15 years , Shushrusha Hospital Dadar for 10 years, Global Hospital Mumbai for 6 years and
- Prince Aly khan hospital for 3 years
- Relocated to Goa in April 2022 and affiliated to Healthway Hospital Old Goa, Manipal Hospital Dona Paula and SMRC Hospital Vasco as a Chest physician and Interventional Pulmonologist.
- Actively worked in managing critical patients during the Covid pandemic at Prince Aly khan and Shushrusha hospital Mumbai
Awards and Recognition
- Ex Member of European Respiratory Society and European Association Of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology.
- Passed MD with 1st rank from Mumbai University in 2005.
- Received the IUATLD (International Union Against Tuberculosis And Lung Diseases) Gold Medal in 2005.
- Awarded the Lupin Merit Prize In the field of Tuberculosis in 2005.
- Have attended multiple National and International Conferences on Respiratory Medicine And Interventional Pulmonology With Hands On Workshops and conducted the same.
- Case report on ‘An Uncommon Syndrome Of A Common Disease’ J Assoc Physicians Of India’2004 Jul;52:555.
- Case Report on ‘Hemorrhagic Pleural Effusion Due to Pleural Hemangioma’ J Assoc Physicians Of India.2003 Jun;51:623-5.
- Post Graduate Research Work
- Case Report On ‘Tuberculous Bronchoesophageal Fistula Managed Conservatively’.Lung India 2005;22:65-67.
- Review Article On “Sleep Apnea”.The Indian Journal Of Pediatrics 2006;23(7):597-601.
- ‘Clinical Profile And Aetiology Of Bronchiectasis’.Journal Of Krishna Institute Of Medical Sciences University Oct 2017,6(4):28-37.
- Drug Trials
- “Comparative Evaluation Of The Efficacy Of Roflumilast 250/500 ug Tablets vs Placebo In Patients With Mild To Moderate COPD”2003.
- “To Compare The Efficacy Of A Single Dose Of Inhaled Salbutamol Using Different Dry Powder Inhalers & Their Convenience To Use Among Asthma Patients”2004.
- Poster Presentations
- “Sleep Disordered Breathing In Children”A Review In Pediatric Pulmonology Conference At Respicon 2004.
- “Quasimodo Syndrome-A Case Report” At Mapicon 2004.