Dr Amit kalangutkar
Consultant General & Hepatobiliary Surgeon
MBBS, MS(GEN SURG), DNB(GEN SURG), MRCS(EDINBURGH), FRCS(UK)
Past Experience In Years
- 1998-2001 – Junior Resident (Senior House Officer) in General Surgery and Accident & Emergency., GMC
- 2001- Medical Officer in Obstetrics and Gynaecology ,GMC
- 2001-2002 -Senior Resident in Neurosurgery GMC
- 2002- Senior Resident in Trauma and General Surgery, GMC
- 2002-2003 -Senior House Officer in General Surgery, Tyrone Country Hospital,UK
- 2003-2004- Specialist Registrar in General Surgery, Causeway Hospital,UK
- 2004-2005- Specialist Registrar in Endocrine/Upper Gastrointestinal/ General Surgery , Royal Victoria Hospital, UK
- 2005- Specialist Registrar in Breast/Gastrointestinal/General Surgery,
- Belfast City Hospital, UK
- 2005- 2006- Specialist Registrar in Gastrointestinal/General Surgery,Antrim Area Hospital, UK
- 2006-2007 Specialist Registrar in HPB/Colorectal(Lower Gastrointestinal)/General Surgery, Mater Infirmorum Hospital,UK
- 2007-2008 Clinical Fellow in Hepato-pancreatico-biliary (HPB) Surgery,Mater Infirmorum Hospital, UK
- 2008-2010 Senior Surgeon Directorate of Health Services Government of Goa
- 2010 onwards started private practice and was Consultant General &Hepatobiliary Surgeon
- Currently- Consultant General & Hepatobiliary Surgeon also Healthway Hospital
Awards and Recognition
- First class honors in Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry in 1 st M.B.B.S., also 2 nd
in Goa University in Biochemistry.
- First in M.S. General Surgery Examination, April/May 2001.
- Presented a model project on the physiology of gastric secretion in 1 st M.B.B.S.
- 4 th in all Goa quiz organized by the Indian Association of Paediatrics.
- Prizes in various cultural, sports and educational competitions.
- Passed IELTS exam with an overall score of 8 organized in Mumbai – India.
- Faculty at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi for the Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Course.
- Faculty at the SELSICON conducted at Patiala Sept 2010.
- Goa Medical Council (India): Registration No. 1367
- Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS) New – Delhi, India.
- Member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) Bardez – Goa – India.
- Member of the Rotary Club of Mapuca, Goa – India.
- Member of the International Hepato – Pancreatico – Biliary Association (IHPBA).