DR. AJEYA NILKANTH MUNDHEKAR
Consultant interventional Cardiologist
M.B.B.S., M.D, DM (Cardiology),M Med , Fellowship in Complex coronary Interventions, Manchester UK
Past Experience in years
- Dr Ajeya Mundhekar completed his MBBS from Seth GSMC & KEMH, Mumbai/ MUHS in 2004 followed by his MD (GeneralMedicine) at Smt. N.H.L.M.M.C, Ahmedabad/ Gujarat University in 2010. He has 3 years teaching experience during MD – Medicine for UG students and worked as an ICU Registrar in MGM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai .
- He has also been Assistant Professor in Dept. of Medicine, SBKSMC, Baroda . He completed his DM (Cardiology) at King George’s Medical University, Lucknow with· 3 years teaching experience during DM- Cardiology for UG & PG students.
- In 2015 he worked as Consultant interventional cardiologist at Terna Sahyadri Speciality Hospital, Nerul followed by Apollo Hospitals, Hyderguda, Hyderabad till 2017
- He attained his Fellowship in interventional cardiology at University hospital of South Manchester .He was then interventional cardiology fellow at Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester, UK since August 2017. He then enrolled himself at Edge Hill University,Ormskirk, UK for the M.Med. Cardiology programme. After finishing his cardiology training (DM-Cardiology) at King Georges Medical University, Lucknow he worked as a consultant cardiologist in private sector in India for 2 years before joining this fellowship in August 2017.
- Dr Ajeya is an independent operator for radial as well as femoral angiograms and PCIs including complex lesions such as left main PCI and bifurcation PCI, with intravascular imaging (IVUS /OCT). He has keen interest in complex angioplasties and CTO (chronic total occlusion) angioplasties. Besides these, He is proficient with IABP, pericardiocentesis and temporary pacing – which can be important during complex interventions. He has assisted a couple of Impella device assisted PCIs. He has also assisted few Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantations (TAVI) , while at Wythenshawe Hospital.
- Shone Complex – Sharad Chandra, MD, FACC, Rajiv Bharat Kharwar, MD, and Ajeya Mundhekar, MD – J Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2015 Mar; 23(1): 54–55.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Cardiovascular Events after Percutaneous Coronary Intervention – Lee Chi Hang Ronald, Rishi Sethi, MD, Ajeya Mundhekar, MD et al.
- CIRCULATION 2016;133:2008-2017.
- Use of cardioprotective antihyperglycaemic medications in diabetic patients admitted under Cardiology – December 2018 – Wytheenshawe Hospital, Manchester
- Instent restenosis in sub intimal stenting and redo percutaneous coronary intervention with drug eluting balloon at an NIC 2017, New Delhi, India
- A stitch in time, (Management of distal wire perforation with coiling) at Coronary Complications course, Derby, UK – April 2018